Continuing to provide the services and support for seniors in homelessness. Because they are asking, "Where are we supposed to go?"
Ways to Help
SPECIAL THANK YOU
to these people and groups for going above and beyond to assist during COVID-19
A Balanced Approach
We are complying with recommendations by the CDC, the National Health Care for the Homeless Council, Circle the City and our local government for shelters through reduced service hours, identifying and isolating those who could be ill, and following health/sanitizing protocols.
Service hours at the Center will be 7am to 12pm daily through April 30th.
- All seating is outside under shaded awnings.
- Access to essential services (health, housing, hygiene, nutrition) will be in small groups, up to 10 people at a time.
- No New intakes
- No visitors inside the building
The Extended Care Program is ramping up with phone and in-person contact and welfare checks to determine mental and physical health status. If help is needed, we will coordinate and transport if needed.
The reduced hours and limited services will allow us to mobilize staff and volunteers to
- Call each member for a status check – food, health, emotional
- Physical visits for those we cannot reach
- Organize food deliveries accordingly (knock, drop, wave)
- Maintain communication and contact weekly throughout the crisis
We will continue to monitor the activities and health of all at the Day Center and adapt as needed.
Other Homeless Service Providers